Pyramyd Air is required to collect sales tax in all 50 states.
On June 21, 2018, The United States Supreme Court ruled that states can mandate that businesses without a physical presence in a state can collect and remit sales taxes on transactions in that state.
After June 21, 2018, EACH state was allowed to decide:
- Whether or not they would charge sales tax.
- The date that specific state would start collecting sales tax.
- A threshold in which businesses had to charge tax.
- The amount of sales tax to collect.*
*Certain states collect a flat rate for online sales only. Other states collect the actual percentage of sales tax assigned to a specific address
- This includes state sales tax, county tax, and city tax.
Please visit https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/17pdf/17-494_j4el.pdf to read the written opinion.
If you are a tax-exempt organization, please click HERE.